Wednesday, December 3, 2008

YIPPEEE!!!!

Lilly has officially had her first day of school! Monday and Tuesday, she went for about half a day, much of which I kept going by to sit with her or to check on her. Well, today she made it the WHOLE day! I think she probably could have made it all day on Monday, but I had already decided to try it this way. Then, on Tuesday she went in the morning, 2 hour dentist appointment around lunch, then back the rest of the day. I really think she has done fabulous and will progress socially and academically by leaps in bounds in no time! (I am a little bias though.) A VERY special thank you to her kindergarten teacher, Mrs. A for being so flexible and so patient. Lilly will be our 2nd daughter to have her and all I can say is she is a VERY patient lady!
BTW- I do have pictures from the first day, but with keeping with "tradition" they are stuck on my camera as I forgot the memory card AGAIN! Jay does know how to fix that, so when he gets home, I should be able to have them recovered.


She is such a comedian! I bent down to take her picture while she was watching the Nutcracker dancer in this book, and she pretended to be asleep. She really makes us laugh, but she makes herself laugh too!


I finally relaxed a little and let them help decorate the tree with me. Needless to say we only broke 3 ornaments and that was by me and the 2 oldest girls!
And- as I type this and look at the tree, I have to laugh. It is tied to the front door until Jay gets home because it was leaning A LOT and I didn't trust the adjustment that I made to it...

She loves riding her tricycle!

About the 2 hour dentist appt.- Well, we knew she had REALLY bad tooth decay, but just did not realize how bad. So, this Friday she will have to have dental surgery to remove 2 teeth and do a "baby" root canal. Please keep us in your prayers!

5 comments:

Sharla M. said...

How wonderful that she's doing so well at school...it's so amazing to see how great she is doing!

I'm so sorry about her dental appointment, it's so hard to have to come home to that...I'll say a prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

Had to lol about your Christmas Tree tied to the front door - you are so your Nana! Good to know Jay is you knight in shining armor!

Happy to hear everyone is adjusting so well...can't wait to see you guys Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see that you haven't dropped out of blogging since you got back. We've been gone so much it's the only way we've been able to keep up with y'all! I meant to compliment Lilly on being so good in church her first Sunday. How do y'all do it? All three of mine make it their mission to perform a little circus every week right there in our pew.

The Vinyards said...

That is great that she is doing so well with school. Yipee!

The Nageotte Family said...

It just touches my heart so to see Lilly with your family. Love that Christmas tree tied to the front door (exactly what I would do). We will pray as Lilly endures her dental work--it is so wonderful she has you all to love her through it all. I am also so happy for her that she is enjoying school. She will bring much joy to the classroom. Love to you all!

The Nageottes