Monday, September 29, 2008

Lots To Do!



Since the precious RA arrived on Friday, it seems that we have decided to kick it into gear and prepare to meet Lilly!



We even went as far as to "pose" some pictures for the album that we are sending her. I don't want her to have false expectations, BUT for the sake of a photo, I posed in the kitchen with a EMPTY pot and pretended to cook dinner. Yes, I really did cook dinner later that evening. We even had a "posed" picture of the girls playing "nicely" together in the playroom.



This is the first gift that we can send Lilly - a care package. The most important item is the album that we hope will be used to introduce us BEFORE we get there. There have been times that the gifts don't actually make it to the child before Gotcha Day, so we will be taking another album and video to use to introduce Lilly to her sisters and extended family and friends.

Did you know that you can actually buy a pre-made scrapbook? Why in the world did I buy all of that scrapbook stuff when all I wanted to do was go to the scrapbook parties and visit - not scrapbook?

Notice the 3 notes. Jay decided to send one and not knowing which Chinese translation to use he decided to send a note in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and English!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Congrats on receiving your RA! I'm a fellow AWAA WC momma with a daughter from Yunnan. My daughter also has cerebral palsey and it looks like she may have a submucusa cleft palate. Lots in common. I look forward to getting to know you and following your blog.