Sunday, September 14, 2008

Okay, okay, okay...

Jay just asked me if I was through blogging already. He knows that I don't do things for a long period of time, but NO I am not through blogging, just taking a break (sort of). I wasn't going to blog until I had some more pics and well, I still don't have any. But, I will fill in the gap since the first day of school.
1. School has gone well for the girls. Fortunately, not a lot of homework and it is good that when the girls have homework that they are much better than me at remembering to get it done early in the evening. Are there any parents out there that agree that there are much more important things to come home and do, rather than homework? ....like ride bikes, play outside, work with 4-H projects. Oh well, don't tell the girls!
2. Got a VERY BRIEF update on Lilly. I requested updated measurements and didn't get them, but we were told that she likes "stuffing" toys (translated from Chinese for stuffed toys?, there is a dog at her foster home so she likes dogs, and there are other children in the foster home, so hopefully she will be used to siblings. We continue to TRY to be patient as we wait for our paperwork (RA) back from China and get a better idea of when we may travel to get her!
3. Tri-State Fair is this week and the girls will be showing lambs and goats. They also had their first Livestock Judging contest. As chaotic as it was, and with very little practice, they seemed like it. Jay and I hope it is the beginning of something!
4. Prayer Requests
* Please pray that Lilly is being prepared for her "Forever Family," and that we continue to prepare ourselves for lies ahead, as well as a quick RA from China.
* We have good friends that have a 1 yr.old son that is currently waiting for a heart transplant. Pray that all goes well and that they continue to lean on God during this time.
* Please pray for all that were affected by Hurricane Ike. We have family and friends there and thankfully, so far it sounds that all are doing fine.
* Please pray for our "blogging buddies" that are currently in China to pick up their little Susannah. This is the family that I posted about earlier that has heard mixed reports of how their daughter is doing (medically speaking). They will meet her tomorrow and get to see and hold her for the first time!!!!!

Well, that's it for now......

No comments: