Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We have our plane tickets!

Okay the tickets are bought, so I can start packing!!!! We leave in 2 weeks!

One other bit of good news... We received confirmation that both of our care packages made it to the orphanage. To make a long story a little shorter, we sent Lilly a care package via FedE* as soon as we received our RA. There have been a lot of difficulties getting information and packages to the orphanage we are going through, even with in-country services, so we opted to try ourselves. Well, the package got held up in customs, so we went to plan B.
Coincidentally, a friend of ours has a sibling that lives in Kunm*ng currently. So, we re-routed the package to her and then sent another package with a group that was traveling to see her. This morning she e-mailed that she was able to deliver the 2nd package to the orphanage and was able to speak to a very nice lady there. This lady also told her that they had just received the other package (from FedE* and not re-routed)and that Lilly had already received it and liked the photo album that we had sent. That is a good thing because if she gets the 2nd package she will have another album with the same pictures! Our soon-to-be friend was then even invited to by the orphanage to come back with us when we get Lilly. It seems that sending the 2 packages was actually a good thing! It was also nice to hear that the orphanage was so nice!

Okay, now I need to go and take some pictures of the girls so that I can post them before my blog turns into a diary...

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Well two photo albums are great! We ended up losing the only one Lia had some where shopping in Guanghzouand it was her favorite item!

Congrats on the plane tickets and the travel info! I am dying to know who your travel guide is while in Yunnan. It might not tell you, we didn't find out until we actually arrived in China. Won't be long and you'll be on your way! :)

Our Journey to Jillian said...

Hi ya'll! I am a fellow AWAA mom...who just came across your blog. I grew up determined to go to A & M. My grandad, dad, and brother all went there...and now my oldest son, (who is only 12) is a wanna be too! Anyway, just thought I'd say hello...and best wishes. I can't wait to follow your travels!!

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

Can you PLEASE email me privately at lucyhark@yahoo.com? We are waiting to get LOA for our 5 year old daughter that is in Foster Care in Kunming -- we have been told so many times that there is no use in trying to send a package to that SWI - that they will not get them to the kids. I want so badly to send her something! Since she is older, I want her to get something from us, so we won't be a total surprise! We have 3 daughters (1 from China) and this will be our 4th! Lucy