Friday, April 3, 2009

Sisterly Love

Just wanted to share yesterday mornings events...
I always send the kids out to the car first in the morning to load up for school. I then stand in the kitchen and enjoy 1-2 minutes of complete silence. It has become a habit and seems to be a very therapeutic way to start the day.
Well, yesterday I go out to the car and Haley is crying. It is not unusual for someone to be fighting over a seat, backpack, etc., but crying is not the norm. Apparently Lilly's head made contact to Haley's mouth somehow and her braces cut her lip. Haley was very quick to tell me that is was an accident and that she was fine, but that it did hurt. So, we leave the garage and about 1/10 of a mile from the house, Lilly bursts into tears. She felt SO BAD for hurting Haley. We were quite surprised! Haley was VERY nice and told her it was okay, she was fine, and she would be her best friend forever (inside joke between them). Lilly felt so bad, but the tears went away.
Later that day, I received a phone call from Lilly's kindergarten teacher asking if everything was okay with Haley. Apparently when Lilly arrived in the classroom, she began crying about how she hurt Haley's lip and that she was very sorry. I felt so bad for Lilly, but at the same time was so grateful that she feels so much love for her sister.
You better believe Lilly was one happy girl to see her Best Friend Haley when she got home from school that day!

2 comments:

April Isaacs said...

Ok, so I am laughing out loud at the comment about the milk duds and the diet Dr. Pepper! Totally cracking up!

Thanks for the encouragement!
April

April Isaacs said...

Lilly sounds like she has a very precious tender spirit! So sweet!

I like the 1-2 min in the kitchen. Since, I homeschool right now (at least for 1 more month), sometimes, I try to hide from my kids for those 1 or 2 min... but they always find me!

April