Friday, June 26, 2009

What was I thinking?


First of all, for several reasons, none very good, I do NOT like to fly anymore. I used to, but not now. So, that explains a little about how hard it was for me to put my oldest on a plane, for the first time and by herself!!! I had to make sure that she left before my husband did, because I knew he would be calm and reassuring. I wasn't so sure I would be.

Haley was sooooo excited to finally fly! Her sisters were jealous but we assured that they would all eventually have their turn, just not all in the same summer.

So, after Jay walked her through security, only one of us was allowed and I was relieved, I got a little misty-eyed. She was so giddy but also so grown-up about the whole thing.

She has had a blast and will FINALLY be home tomorrow. Not only will I be relieved to have her back on the ground, but I have certainly learned how much I appreciate all of the help she gives! I think even her sisters will be very glad to have her home as well.

3 comments:

The Ham Family said...

They do grow up and you just have to learn to accept it. I promise it does get easier. What fun for Haley!

Cheri said...

You are a brave momma! I can only imagine how excited she was. I hope she is having fun!

http://www.zetaonline.com.ar said...

Your blog is fine. I just want to comment on the design. Its too loud. Its doing way too much and it takes away from what youve got to say --which I think is really important. I dont know if you didnt think that your words could hold everyones attention, but you were wrong.