Friday, December 10, 2010

There is more to do...


I have read a ccouple of books lately and read several scriptures again with a better understanding, that have confirmed that there is sooo much more that we as a family can do to serve God. Sure, we have a great responsibility to raise Godly girls, we donate a little time during the holidays, and we give monetarily. But, yet God calls us to be different, to not get caught up in worldy things, and that this is all temporary stuff. I hate to admit that there are many days that I am not real sure that I would give up my STUFF to truly follow God. Also, I have come to understand that being like Christ is not just simply being nice. Christ came to earth to serve. We are commanded to serve. Yet, there is so much more to do and that I am perfectly capable of doing.

The family pic above was taken during our wonderful Thanksgiving spent in Arkansas. It is kind of significant because we have all decided as a family that we can do more. I am so thankful to God for this family that he has blessed me with and it is the precious girls that have opened mine and Jay's eye to things that can be done with very little resources. They serve in various ways almost daily. I have been entrusted to raise them to follow Christ, but yet I justify keeping them from serving in a bigger capacity as a way of protecting them. That sounds awfully familiar to the man that buried his talents...doesn't it???

1 comment:

http://salud-noticias.blogspot.com said...

What I dont understand is how youre not even more popular than you are now. Youre just so intelligent. You know so much about this subject, made me think about it from so many different angles. Its like people arent interested unless it has something to do with Lady Gaga! Your stuffs great. Keep it up!