Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vacation on the Lake

Last week we were able to spend a few days in Oklahoma with family. The cabin was beautiful, the weather perfect and we were just a couple of miles from a BEAUTIFUL lake.


The kids (our girls and my two nephews) were happy to just float and play at the little beach area...



But, when we rented a boat for the day, we were all very happy! We just drove around the lake, stop and swam, drove around some more, beach the boat, and swim some more. It was GREAT!


All that fun and a great place to come back to as well. I hope we are able to do it again next summer!


The day after we came home, things were as hectic as before. The girls finished the week at VBS. All of the girls enjoyed it, but it was fun to watch Lilly. She LOVED the silly songs and it sparked a whole lot of conversations about Jesus and God. She asked last night why Jesus didn't just walk in our house instead of live in our hearts! I love it!
Macey finished her summer volleyball season, and I have to admit I am glad that it is over.

This past Saturday we also went to a local lake with some friends. How funny that Jay and I had not been on a boat in over 10 years and now in 1 week we had been twice and in 2 different states.

Finally, Haley and Macey left this morning for 4-H camp. They were both excited, but it was hard to tell that this was Macey's first camp. She was not the least bit nervous!
I'm not sure what the little girls and I will do this week...

1 comment:

http://www.entraryahoo.com.ar said...

Intimately, the post is in reality the best on this noteworthy topic. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your forthcoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be enough, for the exceptional clarity in your writing. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Good work and much success in your business endeavors!