Monday, July 7, 2008

Adoption update

Okay, I think I am getting the hang of this. So, in the event that I actually remember to tell friends about my site, I will fill you in on what has been going on. Today we received an e-mail from AWAA (adoption agency) letting us know what to expect during the travel portion of our adoption. We aren't sure what to think about receiving this e-mail, as it sounded as if we have already received our RA (referral acceptance) which we have not. I left our family coordinator a message asking about it, but have not heard anything yet. It did make Jay and I realize that things could be happening sooner than later and we need to be ready! We have been saying we are ready, BUT there are still a million things that would need to be done first...plane tickets and travel arrangements, babysitting and coordiantion of the girls' extracurricular activities, packing, bed for Lilly, school supplies for the girls, paperwork, paperwork, paperwork...just to name a few things! Oh well, we ARE ready for Lilly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog looks great! We are also a family of aggies. My husband graduated from A&M and we to are encouraging our kids to attend the best school in Texas. We are currently waiting for our RA for our 5 yr. old daughter. Our website is www.piercesjourneytochina.com Hoping to travel by September. We will become a family of 7. We have 4 bio kids (2 boys & 2 girls). We also received the same travel e-mail today from AWAA, but do not have an RA yet.....Melinda

Wife of the Pres. said...

Same here on the email. It sounded like we had receive RA! My husband called all excited wondering why I had not called him yet. I got a response back on my email stating that all families with PA received it. I do think AWAA needs to reword it for those of still awaiting RA. Oh well. I had my hopes up a bit as we have waited 56 days now. We hope to travel by September too but are wondering if that is going to happen as every day passes. The good news is that we might meet up in China as our little girl (almost 3) is in Kunming, Yunnan. We have a blog at youbelong.net/theirwins

I'll be checking in on you and hope we might get to travel to China together. We have two boys!

:) Leslie