Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Fun...

Since I am a newborn blogger," I thought I would share a little about my family and the happenings of our summer.


Emily finished a great year of coach-pitch baseball. She had some REALLY good catches and had at least one hit every game. The highlight of the year may have been the end-of-the-year party where the team was introduced at a Dillas (local not-quite semi-pro baseball team) game. They were even given pennants and the family got to watch the game for free! Haley and Macey each played volleyball and it was quite a challenge for mom to get all to their games on the same night when dad was out of town. There was even one evening that I was able to stop at an intersection and pass Macey to the car behind me, which fortunately was driven by the coach. All 3 girls had a lot of fun playing and improved bunches by the end of the season.



We made our annual trip to Ruidosa, NM. This is an annual trip because dad has a short conference there every summer where the girls are able to raid all of the booths and take home lots of "needed" freebies. Because of this trip, Jay and I also have an annual go-cart race. These are really fast go-carts that require the driver to be at least 16. I won last year, but due to Jay illegally bumping me he claims to be this year's winner.

And...we have our 4-H projects. Macey has 2 goats, Willie and Champ, and Haley has 2 sheep, Simon and Oscar. We will be taking Willie and Oscar to a small show this Saturday. I look forward to posting about that!

Well, that is a few of the things that we have done over the summer. There has been volleyball, basketball, cheerleading and horse camp, a trip to Six Flags with friends, lots of sleepovers, and we are only halfway through the summer......
AND ALL I WANTED TO DO THIS SUMMER IS READ!

No comments: