Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Lilly!

Well today is Lilly's 6th birthday. There are mixed emotions of happiness for her special day, but disappointment in not being able to have her here with us to celebrate it together!

So many questions:
* What kind of cake would she want if she were here?
* What are birthdays like for orphans in China?
* What is her favorite color?
* What would the girls want to get her or do for her?
* WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO GO GET HER??????


BTW- it doesn't help that I am watching Adoption Stories right now about a couple adopting twin girls from Korea! :)

2 comments:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Happy Birthday to Lilly from us too! I know you wish you could be there. I have struggled with figuring we will probably not be there for Susannah's birthday now since LOA is taking so long. Charlie reminded me that we can celebrate with her once she is home b/c she probably will not that day is any different than the others. Major hugs to you from another Momma just longing to see and hold her sweet girl. BTW, you might want to check out this website if you haven't already. A DEAR family I know through a family here. They are IN CHINA with their new little girl, who is 6!
www.waiting4abby.com

Hugs to you,
Leslie

P.S. I really would love to meet up in China too. COME ON LOAs!

jeter3 said...

Diane and Jay, Jayne shared your blog. I love seeing the girls, they are beautiful. Thanks for sharing what their lives are like. I am so happy and excited to meet Lilly! Love to you both and your beautiful girls!

love,
cousin amanda