Friday, July 11, 2008

Special Request

A family that I have come to know via blogging is waiting too for a precious little girl from China, I believe the same province and city as Lilly. They recently found out that she is going to have heart surgery, but the details are limited. The family knew that she has a heart condition, and were preparing to have her seen immediately when she was home, but as I am sure most can understand, it is very difficult for them to wait here while she is there. My request is that anybody reading this will say a special prayer for both Susannah and the family.
On a good note, I have heard from others familiar with the Kunming area that the children receive very good medical care. And, just yesterday I was asking our orthodontist about checking on Lilly's repaired cleft palate when she is here and he stated that most of what he has seen from China has looked good to him (he is ceratinly happy to see her and help determine what may need to be done). That made me feel better...

1 comment:

Carla said...

Yes, she is from Kunming as is my little Katie. I can tell you that when we toured Kunming SWI in December 2007 there were 4 (maybe 5) SN kids housed in the orphanage. One appeared very young and had a large tumor/bulge on his/her back. The other 3 or 4 (mind is getting fuzzy, but I think it was only 3) kids were all around 1-2 and playing. I asked what their "need" was and the guide told us "heart" for all of them.

95% or better of the kids are housed in foster care. :) If you have any questions, please email me.

I went through AWAA, and was active on the yahoo group. :)