Monday, November 17, 2008

A Day of Shopping at Shaiman Island


This is the way Lilly and Dad felt ater an afternoon shopping with Mom.

One of many, many, many stores we looked in.

Yes, that is genuine iced tea with lemon (okay there isn't actuelly ice but it was cold). Thanks to Lucy's.

Haley, Mom was pretty proud of her messy ponytail and wanted to see if it met your approval?
Hey girls, this is Lilly trying to show off her painted toenails, and fingernails.

Okay, we have had fun, now we got the big shopping over, we have had a great time with Lilly, but it is really time to come home. I am ready for hugs and kisses from my other girls, and all the other comforts of home we take for granted everyday.
I am letting Mom and Lilly sleep in this morning while I drink coffee and post pictures, (sorry as you can tell I had the camera most of the day so there are not any very good ones). As we get closer to Friday the anticipation for coming home and introducing Lilly to her new world is very motivating.
The blessing of adoption has transitioned a little bit from the "birth" or getting to know her, to now the wanting to watch her grow in her new life. Sounds like another kind of adoption that we all get to take part in doesn't it?

5 comments:

Sharla M. said...

She just looks so happy...it is so amazing to watch their transformation over the time they are with you in China... I can't wait to watch once you get home...

I'm just catching up from your other post too...I had a 'whiny' post too when we were in Guangzhou... It's ok... It's a wonderful, but draining journey... you deserve a good whine!

Praying that God will make your last days really special and full of sweet memories.

Anonymous said...

I feel like you've been gone for ages! We have thoroughly enjoyed witnessing this journey through the photos. I find myself every evening hurrying to get on to see what a brand new day had in store for you three! Your journey has been a testimony to so many.

You'll also be relieved to know that every time I see your girls, they are smiling and excited! What a blessing she'll be to them, and they'll be to her!

Anonymous said...

Your post just make my day everytime I read them. Reading them and the comments of friends and family help me focus on what is important in my life. I guess you know you will have to continue posting for...well...forever! HA!HA! Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience. Can't wait to see your family united. Monty

Anonymous said...

We so look forward to your postings each day. While the time away is long at this point it will be gone in no time and you will never ever forget all these days. I know your girls miss you and are ready for you to be home. Only 3 days to go. Take care and we will be praying for a safe return and reuion with the girls. Lynne

The Vinyards said...

I have enjoyed reading your postings so much! I love the painted nails & the ponytail looks awesome. I'm sure you are past ready to be home. Can't wait to see the "home" pictures.
The Vinyards